“There is a warrior in the heart of every woman. She is strong. Determined. Powerful.”
Fresh + Fit is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Woman2Warrior event–a 5 km run that encourages women from our gorgeous province to bring their A-game, and rock a great workout. On Sunday, May 24th, participants will hit trails, grass, and track along Burnaby’s Central Park and Swangard Stadium. With twelve obstacles “designed to test strength, agility, balance and endurance,” the entire experience is nothing short of an I-am-woman-hear-me-roar-adventure!
Presented by Subway and hosted by The British Columbia Lions Society for Children with Disabilities, this obstacle adventure race is exclusive to women, and helps raise funds for the purpose of sending over 800 children and adolescents with disabilities to an accessible Easter Seals camp in British Columbia.
“Our goal with Woman2Warrior is to raise funds while immersing our amazing competitors in a fun, supportive environment. It’s about the experience, not the competition. It’s about pushing boundaries, trying something new, and getting out of your comfort zone – much like our Easter Seals campers.” –Amy Kleckner, events manager for the BC Lions Society
What’s the Giveaway?
Win a free Warrior Prep Pack valued at over $300, which includes the following:
- $50 gift card to Subway
- $50 gift card to Nesters
- One box of Clif Bars
- One 6-pack of Formula 4 Water
- One Luna Bars t-shirt
- One copy of IMPACT Magazine
- Free team registration for Woman2Warrior
How Does This Work?
- To enter the giveaway contest, please visit this MyVancity.ca BLOG POST, and leave a comment or sign up for their newsletter HERE.
- Women can participate as individuals or in teams, and each registrant is required to raise a minimum of $300.
- Registration costs $35 per participant, and includes a technical shirt, finisher’s gift, access to indoor group training sessions and prizes for the top overall fundraisers and best costumes.
Last year’s Woman2Warrior event raised $158,700 by participants, in support of Easter Seals. Let’s do it again! If you’re interested in participating, register today at www.woman2warrior.ca or call 604-873-1865 for more information.